The Arco Iris Board of Directors voted at the February Meeting to increase the Board membership and add two Project Manager roles. We are proud of all that has been accomplished and plan to continue this success with our new members. In addition to these two openings, we are preparing to back fill two Board Members whose terms end in the Fall.
Job descriptions for each are attached:
Project Manager – Two positions to start immediately (Project Manager Job Description)
- Looking for individuals with an interest or experience to join the following workgroups: technology, strategic planning, grant writing, site search/facilities, and any other projects as needed.
Educator – One position to start in October or November (Educator Job Description)
- Educator would assist the principal with HR/admin support, staff retention, curriculum support, policy creation, and any additional asks as needed
Finance – One position to start in October (Finance Description)
- Participate at the finance meetings, draft finance policies, support treasurer, and other tasks/projects as needed.
Why should you apply?
The Board is responsible for governing the school and establishing, implementing, and maintaining the original mission, vision, and philosophy of the school. As a Board member, you will be integral in ensuring the continued success of Arco Iris through working on various projects and participating in the school community.
How to apply: Individuals interested in applying for the above listed positions should submit their resume and cover letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm PST Friday, March 18th, 2016 to receive priority consideration. Please include which position you would like to be considered for in the subject line.
The Arco Iris Nominating Committee will interview prospective candidates and announce their selection at an upcoming board meeting. The selected candidate will be sworn in immediately.
In addition to our Board openings, we are seeking parents to join the following workgroups:
- Strategic Planning Workgroup would proactively assist the Board in planning for the future of Arco Iris. Email Caitlin Jeffery for more information.
- Technology Workgroup needs parents with technical backgrounds to advise on Arco Iris’ technology infrastructure. Email Jenifer Nelles for more information.
- Grant Writing Workgroup to evaluate and apply for grants. Email Erica Vo for more information.