Auction Tickets are on sale now!
The Fifth Annual Fiesta Night and Auction is fast approaching! Please mark your calendar for April 18, 2015! Auction invitations went home on February 26 with students (typically, oldest student for sibling sets).
We don’t want to dwell too much on the past but we want you to know that last year we:
- Enjoyed live music, bidding wars, raffles, an amazing game of Heads and Tails and a Conga line!
- Raised a tremendous amount of money to support Arco Iris!
This year we want YOU there! We do have limited seating and could sell out. Buy a table early and fill it with friends who support quality education!
At the auction you can expect delicious food and drink, a rousing game of Heads and Tails, live music from Fernando & Friends, and a few surprises. This is the night to support Arco Iris in a major way!
The Fifth Annual Fiesta Night and Auction
April 18, 2015
6:00 PM- 10:00 PM at the Portland Golf Club
Tickets will be available to purchase on-line or after school at Arco Iris. Table sales will run through March 6, 2014 and then couple and individual tickets will be sold until March 18 or until we sell out (whichever comes first).
We thank and celebrate our current sponsors: Harris Law Firm, Singlepoint, Unitus Community Credit Union, De Muniz Law and Office Max! If you are or know of a small business who would like to be featured at our auction, please check out our sponsor levels!
Any questions or concerns regarding the auction can be directed to Auction Chairs Becky Schiefelbein & Sarah Coakley
1st Annual Yearbook Cover Art Contest!
Open to Students in Grades 3 – 8! We are looking for student artists to design the front cover of the yearbook. So get your markers, crayons or colored pencils and get creative!
Take your time, use your imagination, and have FUN! Thank you for participating, and GOOD LUCK! Any questions, email Cheryl Jimenez or the PTO.
- Use 8 ½ x 11 unlined white paper (Portrait style)
- Write your name, grade and homeroom teacher’s name ON THE BACK ONLY!
- No More than 2 entries per student
- Make your artwork NEAT and COLORFUL
- Fill the page-make your picture large and leave very little white space
- Represent Arco Iris and show your school spirit-incorporate the school mascot (Jaguar and Rainbow).
- Also in your design include school name “Arco Iris “ and year 2014-2015
- Turn into the office no later than Wednesday March 18th, 2015.
- Winner to be announced early May.
Parking lot Reminders
Like previous years, parents are required to park and walk to the building to pick up students at the end of the school day. Please park in the “Park and Walk” area as designated on the map (Park and walk map). This is the same parking area for morning parking. Please do not park in front of the playground or in front of the main door.
Lost and found
Remember to look through the lost and found for your kiddos’ belongings. All of the remaining items will be donated to Goodwill before Spring Break.
Absences during statewide testing
We ask that students not be absent or late while testing is going on. The new format requires students to be present in order to successfully complete the tests. See below for the testing schedule. Testing Calendar 2014-2015
Upcoming Dates (from Big Tent)
- Mar 4 Young Rembrandts (3:45pm)
- Mar 6 Spirit Wear Day
- Mar 6 PTO Officer’s Meeting (2:30pm)
- Mar 11 Morning Meeting (8:40am)
- Mar 11 Young Rembrandts (3:45pm)
- Mar 12 PTO Meeting (8:30am)
- Mar 13 NO SCHOOL (Grading Day)
- Mar 18 Young Rembrandts (3:45pm)
- Mar 19 School Board Meeting (6pm)
- Mar 19, 20 No School (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Mar 23-27 No School (Spring Break)