It was great to see everyone yesterday at the Ice Cream Social. Excitement is in the air with staff and students all buzzing in anticipation of next Tuesday!
Jaguars Read – We hope that our students have made the best of their summer break and that books were a big part of it. Don’t forget that they should bring in their summer reading logs before Friday, September 11th. Check out our Summer Reading page for more details.
Calling All Volunteers – Don’t forget background checks must be completed prior to volunteering in the classroom and at the school. We also ask that parents register with Parentbooker to find out about the volunteer opportunities and needs. Parentbooker will be the way we communicate our volunteer opportunities this year. We don’t want anyone to miss out on opportunities to help in the class, go on field trips, or participate in the fun so please sign up today.
An annual Arco Iris favorite you don’t want to miss: Mazama Lodge Weekend! The historic Mazama Lodge on Mt Hood, near the turnoff for Timberline Lodge, will be all ours for the night of September 26th! It is the perfect setting for enjoying the best that the mountain has to offer in September. There are many hiking trails and opportunities for exploring the area. The cost per person is $30, which includes lodging for the night, dinner Saturday night, breakfast and lunch on Sunday. The lodge capacity is 70, but they allow tent camping on the grounds outside the lodge if we exceed capacity or by choice. So reserve your spots now.
- Date: September 26-27th
- Meals: Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast and a take home Lunch on Sunday
- Check in time: 3 pm on Saturday
- What to bring: Sleeping bag, pillow, snacks, fun outdoorsy toys, warm clothes, towel
- Address: 30500 East Westleg Road, Government Camp, OR 97208
- Web: http://mazamas.org/resources/photo-gallery/
Sign up: online at (https://arcoiris.ejoinme.org/mazama2015) OR drop a check for the number of attendees in your family in the PTO box by the office. Please make checks payable to Arco Iris, and write “Mazamas” in the memo line.
Want to Carpool? Get on the map! Please contact Becky Schiefelbein at email@example.com with the following information:
- Contact name
- Carpool address (usually home, but for some folks it’s a work location)
- How many kids joining carpool
- Preferred contact phone number
- Preferred contact email
- Special instructions, such as “I can only drive mornings” or “I can’t drive at all but am looking to pay someone to transport my child”
- A Google account name (gmail address) if gmail is not the primary contact email.
The Google account is required because this is a private and invitation-only map and Google maps requires a Gmail address for the invitation. We will still use your non-Gmail preferred contact email address, if it isn’t Gmail, as the contact that appears on the map.
Please take a moment to read this message from our school attorney:
The carpool mapping page (the “Activity”) is not an official function of Arco Iris Charter School and is not being conducted pursuant to any school policy, resolution or endorsement of Arco Iris Charter School, or its staff, officers, or the Board of Directors. Persons participating in the Activity do so at their own risk and understand and acknowledge that Arco Iris Charter School is in no way liable or responsible for the conduct of the Activity or any harm or injury that may arise from participation in the Activity. In the event of any injury or claim arising from the Activity, the persons conducting the Activity agree to carry appropriate insurance reasonably anticipated to insure against possible claims or injuries arising from participation in the Activity and such persons agree to indemnify Arco Iris Charter School and its representatives, directors, officers, staff and agents from any and all liability and hold them harmless from and against any and all costs, expenses, attorney fees, damages, liabilities, claims, demands, grievances, injuries and losses arising out of the Activity. Persons participating in the Activity understand and acknowledge that they are doing so at their own risk and that Arco Iris Charter School expresses no opinion regarding the conduct or operation of the Activity, which is being undertaken independently of, and unrelated to, the activities of Arco Iris Charter School.
- 8th – 8:30 am – First Day of School!
- 8th – 8:30 am Kissem’ Coffee – Drop the kids off and then meet up with other parents for coffee.
- 11th – 8:40-9:40 am – Principal’s Coffee & Donuts
- 11th – 2:55 – 3:25 pm – School Meeting (Parents welcome to attend)
- 12th – 10:00 am – Beaverton Celebration Parade. More info soon!
- 17th – 6:00 pm – School Board meeting (re-occurs on third Thursday every month). Agendas and minutes are posted online HERE.
- 18th – 8:40 am – First PTO meeting of the year (re-occurs on third Friday every month). Agendas and minutes are posted online HERE.
- 24th – 6:00 – 7:45 pm – Back to School Night
- 26th-27th – Mazama Lodge overnight. (The cost per person is $30 which includes lodging for the night, dinner Saturday night, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.)