PTO Committee Workgroup
At the June Board Meeting, the Board granted the PTO initial funds to begin the process of a 501(c)(3). The PTO Committee Workgroup is still in the process of discussing options under consideration with the intent to submit a finalized proposal at the next Board meeting. If you would like to participate in the discussion and provide input, come join the PTO Committee Workgroup at their meeting this Wednesday, July 8th, 2015 at 6:30pm at Arco Iris. Below are the agenda and a draft of various options to be discussed:
Interested in becoming more involved at Arco Iris? The Board of Directors is currently seeing parents to join the Nominating Committee and/or Charter Renewal Workgroup. The Board is also accepting applications for two members of the community to join the Board of Directors. Information below.
One to two parents of Arco Iris students needed to assist in the interview and selection process of applicants for Finance and Project Manager Board of Director openings. Time commitment of about 5 to 10 hours in late August.
If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24th. Please include “Nominating Committee” in the subject line.
Charter Renewal Workgroup
One parent of an Arco Iris student needed to assist Board and School Administrator in Charter Renewal process. Duties to include, but not limited to attending Charter Renewal meetings, helping gather/review/proofread documents for Charter Renewal submission, and other duties as assigned. Time commitment of about 5 hours per month.
If interested, email email@example.com by July 24th. Please include “Charter Renewal Workgroup” in the subject line.
Board of Directors Openings
The Arco Iris School Board is actively recruiting members to join our ranks. Arco Iris is always looking for interested and dedicated parents, community members, and supporters who can find time to provide their service to the school.
Currently seeking interested candidates to fill the following two roles. Job descriptions for each are included:
- Project Manager – one position (Project Manager Job Description)
- Position will be assigned various tasks and duties associated with the fulfillment of the school’s mission. Task could include, but not be limited to, facilities management, special event planning, review and consideration of curriculum, and/or school ambassador.
- Experience with or willingness to learn, helpful, but not required:
- Negotiating lease amendments with the landlord
- Being the point-of-contact with the landlord
- Coordinating contacted services for repairs/maintenance
- Working on the Site Search Workgroup
- Acquiring land use permits
- Finance – Treasurer – one position (Finance Job Description)
- Work closely with the school’s bookkeeper as well as the school’s Certified Public Accountant to ensure the schools finances are aligned and in order. Duties include regular and frequent review of the schools bank account, reporting of the financial statements at the monthly board meeting, and coordinating the annual insurance policies.
How to apply: Individuals interested in applying for the above listed positions should submit their resume and cover letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm PST Friday, August 7th, 2015. Please include which position you would like to be considered for in the subject line. Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply. If you are interested in a role not posted or would like additional information, please email the email@example.com.
The Arco Iris Nominating Committee will interview prospective candidates and announce their selection at the September 2015 board meeting. The selected candidate will be sworn in date to be determined.