Interested in the policies and governance of Arco Iris School? Check out the new page on the school webpage. The ‘Governing Documents’ page contains links to PDF files for organizational documents, policies & procedures, bylaws, and our charter contract.
Field Day – Thank you parents, staff (we mean you Perla, Sarah, & Jared), and MIDDLE SCHOOL for a fabulous field day!
Community Events – Did you hear? The new Principal, Erin Miles, will be at our All School Picnic May 31st!!!
All School Picnic in the Park May 31st from 3p -7p. Come meet the new Principal, Erin Miles and join the Arco Iris Community at Schiffler Park 5600-5780 SW Schiffler Pl, Beaverton, OR 97005. Let us know you’re coming on Big Tent!
Yearbook: Sales Ending 5/29 – Yearbook sales are going on now with all orders being due by May 29! First Annual Arco Iris Yearbook: $15 each or $26 for 2 ($13 for each additional yearbook).
If you have captured any photos this year of Arco Iris in action, please forward them to Sarah Coakley immediately.
PTO Election Results – We held elections for the 2015-2016 school year at the last PTO meeting. We are happy to announce your PTO officers for the next school year:
- Co-President: Kim Perreira, Carol Delgado
- VP School Enrichment: Cheryl Jimenez
- Co-VP Fundraising: Christa Billings, Erlim Cruz
- Co-VP Community Enrichment: Jen Osawa, Michelle Fogg
- Co-VP Volunteering: Michelle Black, Olivia Bucks
- Secretary: Aisha Bowen
- Treasurer: Sunshine King
If you would like to help, but an officer position seemed to be too big of a commitment. The PTO is looking to fill many committees for the 2015-2016 school year. Here is a listing of some of the areas we need help:
To support the school community:
- Jaguars Read – need one lead and two additional people
- Science Fair – need a lead person
- Room Parents – need one for each class
- Yearbook committee – need two/three people
To support fundraising efforts:
- Box tops – need one/two people
- Spirit Wear – need one person
- Jog A Thon – need a committee of 3
- Auction – need a committee of 3
Thank you to the parent who have already committed to helping next year –
- Restaurant Nights – Iris Lugo
- Movie Tickets – Tonya Mosher
- Book Fair – Michelle Ofstun
If you are interested, or would like more information, email email@example.com
Upcoming Dates (from Big Tent)
- May 22 No School (Grading)
- May 25 No School (Memorial Day)
- May 27 Middle School Field Trip: Finance Park
- May 27 Mad Science (3:45pm)
- May 28 Young Rembrandts (3:45pm)
- May 29 Spirit Wear Day
- May 31 Community Picnic
- June 5 PTO Officer’s Meeting
- June 10 Morning Meeting (8:40am)
- June 12 Spirit Wear Day
- June 12 Last Day of School
- June 12 PTO Meeting (8:30am)