Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week! As some may know teacher/staff appreciation week is next week May 4-8th. The PTO has planned a fun week of kind gestures to show our gratitude and appreciation for our team of educators that have dedicated their energy to our children. There is something planed for each day.
Here is the plan:
- Monday, May 4th – every student brings 3 flowers – one for home room teacher, one for English teacher, and one for the office and Jan. Vases will be there waiting.
- Tuesday, May 5th – office supply day – each student brings in a single item, like one pad of post-its, one red pen, one sharpie, a sheet of stickers, etc. They should do this for their teacher and for their English teacher, and for support staff they interact with.
- Wednesday, May 6th – student gesture on post it notes – a poem, a note about why they like their teacher, draw a picture. They should do this for their teacher and for their English teacher, and for support staff they interact with. Post it notes will be placed on the door for all to see.
- Thursday, May 7th – PTO Sponsored gift (Parents and students don’t need to do anything this day).
- Friday, May 8th – Dinner boxes. We are ending our week of Teacher Appreciation by working together to fill boxes with the fixings for a nice dinner for each of our teachers and staff to take home. We will post a sign up via sign up genius online and we will make that link accessible at the big tent website and announce it here on the blog. If we all pitch in, we can easily fill the boxes with some wonderful homemade items that together make for one (or more) amazing meal.