There is still time to support SB 819 (senate bill) that has been introduced in the Oregon Senate and would increase the public funding of Oregon (non-virtual) public charter schools to 95%! The Arco Iris Board wants to enlist your help in advocating for its swift passage by the Oregon Legislature. It’s not too late!
We are asking our parent community to please contact their Oregon legislators. In particular, please reach out to your state senator as well as the education committee and let them know you support SB 819 and they should as well. Email them, call them, write them, meet with them, but use your voice! Charter schools around the state are working together for more equitable funding. Click HERE to read our post from last week for more details, including an email/letter template, and links to your legislators.
Arco Iris 5th Annual Fiesta Night and Auction
April 18, 2015
6:00 PM- 10:00 PM
This is it! Auction ticket sales close at the end of the day today, making this your last chance to get in on beautiful student art projects, unique and exciting merchandise, teacher parties for your children, and grownup parties for you where you will be treated to fun and fantastic food and drink.
Join us and you can go home with all that, as well as, some great memories and new friends. The bonus? While you were busy have a wonderful time you were also supporting our amazing school! Click HERE to get your tickets!
After School Enrichment Classes Update – Registration for after school classes is open!
- Chess Wizards starts up on Tuesdays from 3:45-4:45, April 7 to May 26. Register HERE.
- Mad Science starts up Wednesdays from 3:45-4:45, April 22 to May 27. Register at HERE.
Upcoming Dates (from Big Tent)
- Apr 16 Northwest Childrens Theater (3:45pm)
- Apr 16 School Board Meeting (6pm)
- Apr 17 Spirit Wear Day
- Apr 18 Fifth Annual Fiesta Night and Auction (6pm)
- Apr 22 Mad Science (3:45pm)
- Apr 23 Northwest Childrens Theater (3:45pm)
- Apr 24 No School (Staff Development)
- Apr 29 Mad Science (3:45pm)
- Apr 30 Northwest Childrens Theater (3:45pm)
- May 1 PTO Officer’s Meeting (2:30pm)