Arco Iris 5th Annual Fiesta Night and Auction
Help is still needed!
Be sure to mark your calendars for our 5th Annual Fiesta Night and Auction to be held at Portland Golf Club on Saturday, April 18th at 6:00 pm. We are excited to have Joe Vithayathil of Fox 12 News as our MC for this special event! The auction is our biggest fundraiser of the year and the most fun and exciting way to support Arco Iris. There are still many ways you can help us pull off the best event possible, including:
- Teacher Parties – We need parents to help sponsor the parties and activities that our teachers will be hosting. These activities are always popular at the auction and the kids love attending these events. Some teachers are teaming up for a single event, some events may need more than one sponsor, and some events will require help with transportation. Sponsoring a teacher party means you (and a co-host if more than one parent sponsors a party) will pay for the activity, and help chaperone. We have some fun ideas for parties, but welcome your ideas too!
- Procurement Help – we have more businesses and new ideas on our procurement list, but need a couple more folks helping us reach out. This is an easy job that doesn’t take much time but has a big impact on the quality of the packages we put together.
- Donation – do you have a talent you would like to share by teaching a class? A professional service to provide? One-of-a-kind treasures you create? A vacation getaway you are willing to share? Our favorite auction items include the generous sharing of these personal gifts our fellow Arco Iris families have to offer! You can also donate by adding an item to your shopping list that we will use to build and complete auction baskets and packages – many items are needed, especially U of O and Oregon State gear, but our wish list is long.
- Host an Event – Do you love to plan a party? Consider hosting a party, or sponsoring a kids’ activity, or throwing another fun event that inspires you. There are some past party themes that are so popular we’d love to repeat them, but welcome any ideas you have.
- Get ready to buy your tickets soon! Ticket sales will begin in March, starting with table sales. Invitations and ticket sales information will be coming soon.
- Unable to attend the auction this year? Please consider visiting us when ticket sales begin to sponsor one of our wonderful teachers or staff by purchasing their ticket. Or, raise your paddle early and give a supporting donation before the event that will help us reach our auction goal. If you’re ready to pitch in or have questions about how you can help please e-mail the auction team or look for committee chairs Becky Schiefelbein and Sarah Coakley at school. We are looking forward to hearing from you!