After School Enrichment Classes, Winter Session Update – The winter sessions of Mathgamers and Chess Wizards have been cancelled due to low enrollment. The next after school class being offered is Young Rembrandts. It starts February 18th. Sign up here: https://www.youngrembrandts.com/class-enroll.aspx?id=64383. After spring break, Northwest Children’s Theater will have an after school drama club starting March 2nd. Sign up information will be posted soon.
Volunteer News – The PTO will be sending out volunteer updates in February. If you have not met your 20 hours of volunteer time you may be receiving a reminder via email. Please remember that we ask each family to donate 20 hours of volunteer time to the school. If you have not been able to donate you time please consider signing up for the upcoming school events. All volunteer jobs are listed on www.parentbooker.com. From here on out we have many volunteer needs and we need your help. Much of our school’s success rests on our volunteer effort. Please take a moment and see where you can help.
Candy Grams – Get one for your teacher, Principal Jan, your best friends, or your whole class! Candy grams will be on sale beginning Wednesday, February 4 – Friday, February 13th. They will be on sale from 8:15-8:30am and 3:15-3:30.
- 1 candy gram – .$0.25
- 5 candy grams – $1.00
- Whole class – $6.00
Thank you to the students and parents from our 4th grade class who jumped in to make sure the candy grams would be available. All proceeds will go towards our fundraising goal for the year.
Science Fair: Update – More than one hundred and thirty projects are in progress by students in all grades. The Science & Engineering Fair is less than a month away! What’s for dinner on the night of the science fair? The PTO will be selling pizza!
Have questions about project displays? The Science & Engineering Fair website has guidance on what should be included on display boards.
- For scientific inquiries, scroll to the bottom of this page.
- For engineering designs, scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Students in grades 1-3 are encouraged to present their work in Spanish, but it is not required.
- Students in grades 4-7 will receive any additional requirements, including due dates and language requirements from their teachers.
Volunteers are still needed to set up, tear down and interview students about their work and complete evaluations for each project. Click here to sign up, or email Kirstin Pinit if you have questions. Thanks to everyone who has already volunteered!
Upcoming Dates (from Big Tent)
- Jan 30 Spirit Wear Day
- Feb 3 Chess Wizards (3:45 – 4:45pm) cancelled
- Feb 5 Math Gamers (3:45 – 4:45pm) cancelled
- Feb 6 PTO Officer Meeting (2:30pm)
- Feb 10 Chess Wizards (3:45 – 4:45pm) cancelled
- Feb 11 Morning Meeting (8:40am)
- Feb 12 Math Gamers (3:45 – 4:45pm) cancelled
- Feb 13 PTO Meeting (8:30am)