Go Ducks!!! This Monday, all students and staff can show their Duck pride by wearing any Ducks gear to school. The big game is Monday night and we want to show our pride for the home team! If your student does not want to participate, please have him/her follow school dress code for the day.
Coffee With The Principal – Please join us for coffee with Jan at 8:30am on January 13th. Our topic will be Immersion and the Common Core, guest speakers will be Maestras Maria and Mary Beth. If you plan to attend please RSVP on Big Tent so that we can make sure we have enough refreshments.
After School Enrichment Classes, Winter Session –
- Mad Science winter session continues this week on Wednesdays and goes through January 21st.
- MathGamers starts up again on Thursday, January 22nd and goes through February 26th. Register for MathGamers at http://mathgamers.net/programs-and-rates.php# Beaverton
- Chess Wizards starts up Tuesday January 27 and goes through March 17th. Register for Chess Wizards at http://chesswizards.com/
- * New* this winter, Young Rembrandts will start on February 18th and go through March 18th. Register for Young Rembrandts at http://www.youngrembrandts.com/find-a-class.aspx
- Coming this spring, more Mad Science and an after school drama program with Northwest Children’s Theater!
Annual Action – Be sure to mark your calendars for our 5th Annual Fiesta Night and Auction to be held at Portland Golf Club on Saturday, April 18th at 6:00 pm. We are excited to have Joe Vithayathil of Fox 12 News as our emcee for this special event! You can look forward to some friendly competition while bidding on a great selection of silent auction items, creative classroom art projects, and some fantastic and valuable packages in the live auction, as well as a night of camaraderie with other Arco Iris families and supporters at a party that is not to be missed!
The auction is our school’s biggest fundraiser of the year and our team is already hard at work planning and preparing to make the night as successful as it can be. But our auction can’t be truly successful without your help and support! Volunteer tasks can involve as little or as much time as you have to give, and any amount of time or contribution is valuable and appreciated. There are many ways to contribute to the success of our auction, including Procurement team (this team helps secure donations), Sponsorship team (this team contacts past sponsors for donations), Classroom Art Auction Projects, Host an Event, Teacher Parties, Donation Classes, and more.
For more information about the auction, please visit our auction page on the blog. If you’re ready to pitch in or have questions about how you can help please e-mail the auction team at email@example.com or look for chairs Becky Schiefelbein and Sarah Coakley at school. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Upcoming Dates (from Big Tent)
- Jan 9 PTO Meeting (8:30am)
- Jan 12 Vision Screening
- Jan 13 Coffee with the Principal (8:30am)
- Jan 14 Morning Meeting (8:40am)
- Jan 15 School Board Meeting (6pm)
- Jan 19 NO SCHOOL (MLK Day)
- Jan 26,27 Restaurant night: Pastini Pasteria
- Jan 26 NO SCHOOL (Staff Development)
- Jan 30 Spirit Wear Day