The weather forecast is calling for a POSSIBILITY of freezing rain or snow, but we all know that sometimes the inclement weather doesn’t hit our area. However, we wanted you to know that we follow the Beaverton School District for Inclement Weather decisions. See below for details. We recommend signing up for a Flash Alert (bottom of page) so that you get an email or text message as soon as the decision is made about school closure or delayed start decisions.
Please do not call the office to ask us about the weather decision since we follow the BSD decision. We will not know any sooner than the announcement on their website/media/flash alerts.
2014-2015 Inclement Weather Information
School closure or delayed start decisions will typically be made and posted on the Beaverton School District website by 5:15 a.m., then communicated to local media.
We encourage and support families to make attendance decisions for your child(ren) based on your own assessment of travel conditions at your location.
When all district schools and facilities are closed
- All daytime and evening activities/events are cancelled.
- There will be NO am or pm Buenas Tardes.
When there is a 2-hour delay in opening school – which means drop off at 10:15; school starts at 10:30
- All schools will open two hours later than regularly scheduled.
- There will NO am Buenas Tardes.
- There will not be office coverage until approximately 10:00 am.
When weather conditions necessitate an early closure of Arco Iris
- We encourage you to refer to the BSD website and local media for more detailed information.
- All daytime and evening activities/events are cancelled, including PM Buenas Tardes.
For the latest inclement weather information:
- Log on to the District website and a light blue message banner will be posted on the top of the main page with the status of District operations.
- Subscribe to Flash Alert for email or text message updates
- Like the Beaverton School District on Facebook or follow on Twitter.
- Call the 24-hour Newsline (503) 591-4434.
- Subscribe to the District’s RSS Feed