Arco Iris School Board has a vacancy due to member term completion. The current vacancy will be filled by a candidate chosen by the Arco Iris nominating committee to serve a two (2) year term. The nominating committee consists of two current school board members, one member of the PTO, and one Arco Iris staff member. The Arco Iris School Board is currently seeking interested candidates to fill the following role:
Experience required: Educator (current or former teacher or administrator), Spanish speaker or experience in immersion programs preferred but not required
Board Term: Two years
Replacement: Appointed board member will serve on the nomination committee for his/her replacement beginning approximately 60 days prior to the end of the term.
Projects: The following projects for the role of Educator on the board include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work directly with the principal, perform performance evaluations of the principal (fall and spring), and support the principal as requested by the board and principal.
- Work with the principal and staff with regards to the evaluation and implementation of language assessment tools (English and Spanish).
- Review and provide input of new curriculum subject to adoption (as needed).
- Review and provide input of learning target implementation (as needed).
- Review and provide input on School Improvement Plan.
- Review and provide input of documents to be submitted to the Beaverton School District on a quarterly basis and annual basis.
- Work with the principal on drafting of the Arco Iris annual report.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Attend monthly Arco Iris board meetings.
- Attend other Arco Iris board meetings (e.g. special meetings, executive sessions), as needed and requested by the Board Chair.
- Attend school functions: winter program, spring performance, science fair, annual auction.
- Complete school board training.
- Assist in establishing and implementing the vision of the school.
How to apply: Individuals interested in applying for the Arco Iris School Board position as an Educator, please submit your resume and cover letter of interest to Deonne Knill by 5:00 pm PDT Friday, August 29th, 2014. Late entries will not be accepted.
The Arco Iris Nominating Committee will interview prospective candidates and announce their selection at the September 2014 board meeting. The selected candidate will be sworn in immediately.