May 5th-9th is Staff Appreciation Week:
Lets take some time to show our staff how much we appreciate them! Here is the list of events for the week:
- Monday, May 5th – Every student should bring 3 flowers – one for their home room teacher, one for English teacher, and one for the support staff. Vases will be there are waiting.
- Tuesday, May 6th – Office Supply Day – Each kid brings in 3 single items, like one pad of post-its, one red pen, one sharpie, a sheet of stickers, etc. Once again it will be one for their home room teacher, one for English teacher, and one for the support staff they interact with.
- Wednesday, May 7th – Student gesture on paper – a poem, a note about why they like their teacher, draw a picture. They should do this again for their teacher and for their English teacher, and for any support staff they interact with.
- Thursday, May 8th –PTO taking care of teachers (Parents and students don’t need to do anything this day)
- Friday, May 9th – Dinner Boxes for Staff– We are ending our week of Teacher Appreciation by working together to fill boxes with the fixings for a nice dinner for each of our staff to take home. All of our boxes still need volunteers to sign up. Please click on “Dinner Boxes for Staff” to find the sign up geniuses to see where you can help.
PTO Help still needed:
The PTO still needs your help finishing out this year and getting to work on next year. PTO Elections: May 9th we will be voting on the PTO officers for next years PTO. Did you want to be an officer? Did you want to help some other way? Submit your form now to get the volunteer opportunity that fits you best!
Field day is right around the corner and volunteers are needed. We plan on having the best field day ever, with fun for all grades. The elementary students (1st-4th) are planning on spending most of the day participating in various outdoor activities (weather permitting). The Middle schoolers (and 5th graders), are heading off site for a nature hike and some time to hang out. Please help out by clicking on the elementary sign up genius and share the day (or part of the day) with us!
What’s coming up next week
May 5th-9th Staff Appreciation Week
May 5-9 OAKS testing (grades 5, 6 & 7)
May 7 Late Start
May 8 Ambassador Lunch
May 9 PTO Meeting
What’s happening in 2 weeks
May 12-16 OAKS make-up testing