Happy Friday everyone! We hope this has been a great week back to school for you and your kids. Our new home, new food vendor, and new routines are exciting and challenging, and we also expect things to fall into place over the next week. Exciting times for everyone. Thank you for all your support!
A few very important SAFETY REMINDERS:
- Speed: Please limit your vehicle speed to 5 MPH when on BCC property. We received a complaint from the church today about fast moving cars and drivers not looking when exiting the facility. Please remember that children from neighboring schools may also be on the sidewalks or passing through. Thank you for helping keep all our kids safe!
- Morning drop-off: For CURBSIDE DROP-OFF, please enter through the first entrance off of Menlo Drive. Please do not use this entrance if you are parking and walking to the door. Please do not pass cars on the left as students may be exiting vehicles from either side. For PARK-AND-WALK, please enter the BCC lot at the south entrance off either Menlo Drive (closest to Fir Grove) or Wilson Avenue. Please park in rows E-I. If you are staying at the school beyond 8:45, please park in rows H-I because we block the parking lot for student usage. Click here for a map of options: Parking Options 2013 -2014
- Afternoon Pick-Up: Please enter through the south entrance off Menlo Drive or the entrance off of Wilson Avenue only. Please DO NOT use the main BCC entrance off of Menlo Drive. We are not allowed by the City of Beaverton to have a carline pickup. You need to park and walk to pick up your student. We also ask that you not park in the spaces adjacent to the playground and amphitheater. Please note that the pre-school at BCC gets out at 3:15 and there will be a lot of activity in the parking lot! Click here for a map: Park and Walk
- Share with family: If you have friends or family picking up or dropping off, please share this with them. We have seen friendly grandparents driving in through crowds of kids because they did not know of the traffic patterns.
- THANK YOU to everyone – we know changes take time to become habits. Our volunteers have been a huge help. We appreciate all the help, cooperation, and attention to details and look forward to a great week next week.
Jaguar Apparel! Beginning in October, students can really show their JAGUAR pride by wearing spirit apparel. Spirit Wear days will be the last Friday of every month. Order forms are attached Spirit Wear Order Form. Orders are due September 20th and can be turned into the PTO lock box located in the hallway by the office. Sorry we can not accept late orders.
Jaguars Read! Did your child read all summer? Jaguars Read slips are due starting next week. You’ll find a drop location in the main entry by the bulletin board. For more information about Arco Iris’s incentive based reading program please follow this link. Additionally, we are seeking a room parent from each class to help tally hours read. If you are interested in volunteering with this program please contact Niki Taylo.
Have a great weekend. See you Monday morning!