After many years of hard work and dedicated service, our current Arco Iris Treasurer, Jim Mullaney, is rotating off the school board. We are very thankful for Jim and his dedication to Arco Iris. Our financial planning not only helped us receive our original charter approval, but has allowed us to establish and maintain reserves and confidently establish a solid and stable financial status.
Jim’s school board term ends in June 2013. We are opening up a call for applications for individuals with a finance background that can ultimately serve as treasurer of our school.
- Financial knowledge of the organization.
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to ultimately perform the responsibilities of Treasurer.
- Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Serves as Chair of the Finance Committee.
- Manages, with the Finance Committee, the Board’s review of, and action related to, the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Works with the school Principal and finance manager to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board & Beaverton School District on a timely basis.
- Assists the Principal and financial manager in preparing the annual budget, and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Works with the Finance Committee and the school Principal to develop Fiscal Policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Works with the Finance Committee and school Principal to develop long-term financial strategies.
- Keeps currently informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Coordinates annual audit with finance manager and preparation of annual tax returns by outside CPA firm.
- In charge of bank accounts with USNB, including signer on the accounts.
- Manages debit cards and credit cards issued in the Corporation’s name.
- Reviews monthly bank statements and payroll.
- Works with finance manager & PTO to coordinate fundraising budgets.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Attending monthly Arco Iris board meetings.
- Attending other Arco Iris board meetings (e.g. special meetings, executive sessions), as needed and requested by the Board Chair.
- Attending school functions: winter program, spring performance, science fair, annual auction.
- Completing school board training modules at http://www.boardtrainingmodules.org.
- Assisting in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the original mission, vision, and philosophy of the school.
The timeline for the selection process is as follows:
- Friday, May 17th – call for applications
- Friday, May 31st (5:00 pm PDT) – applications due
- June 2013 – committee interviews applicants/discusses options
- July 18th – presentation and recommendation to board
If you are interested in applying for this school board position, please email a cover letter and copy of your resume to J Rain.