The Arco Iris School Board will be accepting applications to fill a Project Manager role on the board to fill our 7th and final seat. We will fill this position through the approved Arco Iris School Board Nominating Committee policy.
The Nominating Committee for this selection consists of two board members, a member of the consejo de padres, a member of the PTO, and a member of our staff.
What does it mean to be a board member at Arco Iris?
All school board members are responsible to participate in fundraising efforts and managing to the vision set for the school. All our board members:
- Help set the vision for the school and manages to that vision.
- Help fundraise for the school and support school events.
- Provide support to staff manager, supplier/contractor, or project manager based on current needs assessment.
- Provide documentation and feedback to fellow board members; when appropriate, provide recommendations and considerations
Additional responsibilities include:
- Attending monthly Arco Iris board meetings.
- Attending other Arco Iris board meetings (e.g. special meetings, executive sessions), as needed and requested by the Board Chair.
- Attending school functions: winter program, spring performance, science fair, annual auction.
- Completing all school board training modules at http://www.boardtrainingmodules.org.
- Assisting in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the original mission, vision, and philosophy of the school.
The timeline for the selection process is as follows:
- Friday, April 5th – call for applications
- Friday, April 19th (5:00 pm PDT) – applications due
- May 1 through May 10 – committee interviews applicants/discusses options
- May 16th presentation and recommendation to board
The Nominating Committee will review applications, shortlist finalists, interview candidates, and make a recommendation to the current school board for approval by vote.
Individuals interested in applying for the Arco Iris School Board position, please submit your resume and cover letter of interest to Danielle Siver by 5:00 pm PDT Friday, April 19th, 2013. Late entries will not be accepted.