If you missed our big announcement yesterday afternoon, here’s a recap of our $193,700 grant award from the US Department of Education!
Coming your way today….. Arco Iris School Jog-A-thon “Caminata Pro-Fondos” pledge sheets. All students are bringing home a manila envelope with an information packet about the Jog-A-thon and a pledge sheet. Students have 2 weeks to collect pledges in the form of per lap or flat amount donations. The Jog-A-thon will be held Friday, October 19, 2012 from 10:00am-10:30am (Grades 3/4) and 10:45am-11:15am (Grades 1/2 & 5/6) at Howard Terpenning THPRD (Soccer Field #2). Please see the information packet for details, including the cool prizes your students can win. The Jog-A-thon, with a $100/student goal ($15,000 total), is a major fundraiser for the school. Volunteers are needed from 9:30am-10:45am and 10:30am-11:45am; please email Christie Engesser Cesar at firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Volunteers: Does your employer donate money for your volunteer hours? Did you help build tables or other office furniture? Were you at school cleaning the week before school? Did you help in any way at the ice cream social or back to school nights? Please make sure to submit these volunteer hours to your place of work. Thank you.
Photographers or camera “enthusiasts”: We are looking for a team of people willing to attend events through out the year (Mazama lodge sleep over, restaurant nights, school meetings, performances, etc…) and capture the spirit of our school in pictures.
Book Fair Volunteers Needed: We need you to help volunteer at the book fair, held during conferences on October 25th & 26th. Kids welcome. Contact Alison Money at email@example.com to help.
Scholastic Book Page: We have a new page dedicated on the blog for Scholastic Books! Reminder, we will submit book orders by the 10th of each month.
While you are here, be sure to subscribe to the blog page. That way you will not miss an update! Scroll to the top right portion of this page and click “Subscribe” – WordPress will send you an email when there is a new post.
Next week’s events:
- Wednesday, October 10th: Smile…picture day! We need three volunteers to help the kiddos with the picture process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out smoothing hair, straightening shirts, and helping transition students. Please note, you must have cleared our background check process first before you can volunteer.
- Wednesday, October 10th 5:00pm – Close: Restaurant night at The Old Spaghetti factory, flier needed (OldSpaghettiFlyer2012). Enjoy an evening free from cooking. Have dinner with friends and family and give back to the school at the same time.
- Thursday, October 11th: Lunch will be in the classrooms and students can wear your Jaguares T-shirts.
- Friday, October 12th: Don’t forget to stay home. Our teachers will be busy learning new things!
- Mazama Lodge October 13th: If you are attending this weekend event, you should have received details from Kimberly Sills. If not, please email her at email@example.com.