The Arco Iris School Board will be expanding their membership from 5 to 7. Additionally, Mary Taylor will be rotating off the school board this fall. We will fill these positions through the recently approved Arco Iris School Board Nominating Committee policy.
The Nominating Committee for this selection consists of two current board members (Mary Taylor and Deonne Knill), a member of the consejo de padres (Alison Money), a member of the PTO (Sarah Coakley), and a member of our staff (TBD).
All board members are responsible for fundraising and managing to the vision we set. The school board has requested that we add a second educator to the school board and the other positions will be project managers. All our board members:
- Help set the vision for the school and manages to that vision.
- Help fundraise for the school, supports school events, and influences within the community.
- Provide support to staff manager, supplier/contractor, or project manager based on current needs assessment.
- Provide documentation and feedback to fellow board members; when appropriate, provide recommendations and considerations
Additional responsibilities include:
- Attending monthly Arco Iris board meetings.
- Attending other Arco Iris board meetings (e.g. special meetings, executive sessions), as needed and requested by the Board Chair.
- Attending school functions: winter program, spring performance, science fair, annual auction.
- Completing all school board training modules at http://www.boardtrainingmodules.org.
- Assisting in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the original mission, vision, and philosophy of the school.
The timeline for the selection process is as follows:
- 8/28/12 call for applications
- 9/14/12 applications due
- 9/17- 9/30 committee interviews applicants/discusses options
- 10/10/12 presentation of applicants/ recommendation to board
The Nominating Committee will review applications, shortlist finalists, interview candidates, and make a recommendation to the current school board for approval by vote.
Individuals interested in applying for the Arco Iris School Board position, please submit your resume and cover letter of interest to Mary Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 pm PDT Friday, September 14th, 2012. Late entries will not be accepted.