Arco Iris School Board has a vacancy due to member resignation. Under adopted policy, vacancies on the board for other than term limits are to be filled by appointment by the board. The current vacancy will be filled by a candidate chosen by the board and will serve the remaining term originally filled by Sloan Presidio, with term ending in June 2014. The Arco Iris School Board is currently seeking interested candidates to fill the following role:
Experience required: Educator (current or former teacher or administrator), Spanish speaker preferred but not required
Board Term: To be sworn in upon appointment until June 2014.
Replacement: Appointed board member will serve on the nomination committee for his/her replacement beginning approximately 60 days prior to the end of the term (4/2014).
Projects: The following projects for the role of Educator on the board include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work directly with the principal, perform performance evaluations of the principal (fall and spring), and support the principal as requested by the board and principal.
- Work with the principal and staff with regards to the evaluation and implementation of language assessment tools (English and Spanish).
- Review and provide input of new curriculum subject to adoption (as needed).
- Review and provide input of learning target implementation (as needed).
- Review and provide input on School Improvement Plan (fall 2012).
- Review and provide input of documents to be submitted to the Beaverton School District on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work with the principal on drafting of the Arco Iris annual report (April 2013)
Additional responsibilities include:
- Attend monthly Arco Iris board meetings (second Wednesday of each month).
- Attend other Arco Iris board meetings (e.g. special meetings, executive sessions), as needed and requested by the Board Chair.
- Attend school functions: winter program, spring performance, science fair, annual auction.
- Complete all school board training modules at http://www.boardtrainingmodules.org.
- Assist in establishing and implementing the vision of the school.
Individuals interested in applying for the Arco Iris School Board position as an Educator, please submit your resume and cover letter of interest to Danielle Siver (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 pm PDT Wednesday, July 25th, 2012. Late entries will not be accepted.
The Arco Iris School Board will interview prospective candidates and announce their selection at an upcoming board meeting. The selected candidate will be sworn in immediately.