We are very excited to announce the 2nd annual Arco Iris school auction will be on April 28, 2012 from 6-10 pm. Not only is this a great fundraiser for our school, it is a fun adult night to enjoy some time with the teachers and families of Arco Iris and continue to build a nice community around our school. We are also pleased to announce that the musical talents of Tom Pinit’s band will be featured at the event. Tickets for the event will be $20 each ($25 at the door) and will go on sale starting March 5th.
But, we need your help!! To prepare for the Auction we need a lot of parent help in organizing the event. Please come to the PTO meeting on Tuesday January 24th at 5:30 pm to hear about how you can get involved.
But, we need MORE help!! To prepare for the auction, we ask every family to find at least 1 item to donate to the event. Here are some examples of what people might collect to donate to the auction:
- Weekend use of a power washer
- Ride to school in an ambulance, fire truck, police car or limo
- Weekend use of a vacation home
- Gift packets (Blazers, Mariners Ducks or Beavers Fan gift pack)
- Original artwork or photograph
- Dinner parties
- Cooking lessons
- Yard work help
- Visit businesses and ask them for donations
- If you are musically inclined or have some other talent, you could offer music lessons, tutoring……
- …the possibilities are endless!!!
Once you have secured an item to donate for the auction, please send the following information to Christy Olson (email@example.com); Glenda Donato (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kimberly Sills (Kimberly.email@example.com).
1) What is the item?
2) Is a business donating the item?
a. We will acknowledge all business who donate items at the auction and encourage families to shop at these nice businesses.
b. You are welcome to use the attached ask letter (Ask letter) and thank you letter (ThankYouLetter) for each business who donates an item.
3) Is there a cost to Arco Iris for the item? If so, this must be pre-approved by Stacy.
4) How much should we start the bidding at for this item?
Thanks for helping make this year’s event a great one!
Glenda Donato, Chris Olson, and Kimberly W. Sills