Our first week is coming to a close, and we would like to thank all of our students, families, and teachers for a great first week! We are so happy with our new home, and while we are still settling in, the church staff has been so kind and welcoming to our staff, students, and families.
We have a few updates and reminders for tomorrow and next week:
1. Friday pick up is from 2:05-2:15pm. Students must be picked up no later than 2:15pm. If a child is picked up after 2:15pm, they will need to be picked up at our afterschool program which will be held in Maestra Rosa’s class.
2. We would also like to remind parents that pick up Monday through Thursday is 2:50-3:00pm. Students must be picked up no later than 3:00. Drop off is from 7:45-8:00am. Classes begin right at 8:00am sharp.
3. We strongly urge parents to drop their children off curbside in the morning. Transitions are often very hard the first few weeks of school, but sometimes it makes it easier on the children if it is short and sweet. Please let the teachers, or office staff, know if you need help.
4. Reminder: Information night is Tuesday, September 13th, from 6:00-8:00pm. We invite all parents (adults only please) to come to learn more about our program from the Principal, Maureen Childs, and Director of Curriculum, Mercedes Gomez. We will then have time to go to your child’s classroom and visit with the teachers.
5. Reminder: Arco Iris monthly Board meeting is Wednesday, September 14th, from 6:00-7:00pm. All School Board meetings will be held the 2nd Wednesday of every month, parents are welcome to come.
6. Before every Board meeting we will hold a Community Update from 4:30-5:15pm and the PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) meeting from 5:15-6:00pm. The Community Update offers updates and a time to ask questions with our Principal and Director of Curriculum. Our PTO meeting will be facilitated by Juliette Oase and Kimberly Sills.
7. Students have been assessed in Math this week. Each student will now be placed in the math group that corresponds to their skill level in mathematics. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher or Mercedes Gomez (Mercedes.email@example.com).
8. Reminder: Please remember to send your child with extra healthy snacks and a water bottle, even if they ordered Whole Foods lunches. It is important to keep our students hydrated and energized. They are busy working and playing hard, and we tend to see that they need to eat and drink much more when school is in session.
9. Volunteers Needed:
a. We could use volunteer help during lunch. Stephanie and Maria’s classes have lunch from 11:00-11:30. Mercy and Rosa’s classes have lunch from 11:30-12:00. And Mercedes class has lunch from 12:00-12:30. Please contact me (Stacy) if you are available during any of those times to come help.
b. We would like to obtain some portable basketball hoops or soccer nets for the students to use. If you or any neighbors have one that they’re not using and would be willing to donate, please let us know. If we don’t find any that way, then we will purchase a gently used one locally. Either way, we will need the help of someone with a truck to transport it for us. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you may be able to find one to donate for us or if you could help transport one for us.
c. Playground toys needed! We are in need of more play equipment for recess, and would like to ask families to donate the following items if possible:
- Balls (basketballs, soccer balls, bouncy balls, 4-square balls, footballs, etc.)
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Jump Ropes
- Hula hoops
- Large orange cones
We would like to send a special thank you to all of the parent volunteers who have helped us during the summer and this first week of school. We greatly appreciate your time, support, and help.
As always, please feel free to contact us anytime with additional questions, suggestions, or concerns.