The Arco Iris School Board is seeking a Board candidate to fulfill the Fundraising role according to the school board composition requirements.
The ideal candidate is a professional or volunteer fundraiser, non-profit manager, committee chair, project manager, or community organizer. In a volunteer capacity, this person could have gained fundraising experience by being a fundraising chair for another organization, been an auction chair, or had some other project fundraising experience. As a non-profit manager or community organizer, this person could have had fundraising experience as a by-product of their role.
Role of Fundraiser
- Serve on appropriate fundraising committees (via the Parent Teacher Organization) to support fundraising initiatives of the school, including: auction and grants.
- Serve as Development Officer on record in respect to paperwork and processing for matching gifts.
- Seek and ask for new gifts to the school, in coordination with the PTO.
- Work closely with the Principal to identify priority and organizational funding opportunities; review and preparation of materials to demonstrate school demographics and data points.
In addition, all board members are responsible for assisting in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the original mission, vision, and purpose of the school, including:
- Help maintain the vision for the school and manages to that vision.
- Help fundraise for the school, support school events, and influence within the community.
- Provide support to staff manager, supplier/contractor, or project managers based on current needs assessment.
- Provide documentation and feedback to fellow board members; when appropriate, provide recommendations and considerations.
- Attend monthly Arco Iris board meetings.
- Attend other Arco Iris board meetings (e.g. special meetings, executive sessions), as needed and requested by the Board Chair.
- Attend school functions: winter program, spring performance, science fair, annual auction.
- Complete school board training modules at http://www.boardtrainingmodules.org.
We will fill this position following the Arco Iris School Board Nominating Committee policy. The Nominating Committee will review applications, shortlist finalists, interview candidates, and make a recommendation to the current school board for approval. The new board member, if approved by the board, will take his/her position immediately.
Individuals interested in applying for the Arco Iris School Board position, please submit your resume and cover letter of interest to Danielle Siver (email@example.com).